Completions Optimization and Technology Award
The Completions Optimization and Technology Award of the Society of
Petroleum Engineers recognizes outstanding achievement or contributions to the
advancement of petroleum engineering in the area of completions optimization
Must be a living member of SPE or a group with at least one SPE member.
A nominee is not eligible:
- If they have received the John Franklin Carll Award, Lester C. Uren Award, DeGolyer
Distinguished Service Medal, or Anthony F. Lucas Gold Medal
- If they are on the current SPE Board of Directors, Completions Optimization and Technology award committee or those who have served in these positions during the past 2 years.
- Fill out nomination form.
- Complete all required information on nomination form; incomplete nominations will not be accepted.
- Include a complete statement of the reasons for proposing the candidate, with a record of the candidate's professional and industrial achievements in detail.
- Send to firstname.lastname@example.org by 15 February
- Encourage no more than 3 colleagues to send letters supporting this nomination to email@example.com.
Do not reference or attach a resume or CV; all information must be included on the nomination form. Nominations and letters of recommendation are considered confidential. Candidates remain on the active consideration list for 3 years and if a candidate is not selected during the 3-year active consideration
cycle, they can be renominated the following year if all other eligibility
requirements are met.
About the Discipline
This technical discipline includes:
- tubing and casing design
- completion equipment
- formation isolation
- hydraulic fracturing
- completions monitoring and optimization
- completions evaluation including logging, imaging, wellbore seismicand
fundamental research in completions
- completion design and planning
- completion installation
- sand control
- horizontal/multilateral well completions
- permanent monitoring
- intelligent completions and completion equipment