Distinguished Service Award
The SPE Distinguished Service Award recognizes contributions to the Society that exhibit such exceptional devotion of time, effort, thought, and action as to set them apart from other contributions. Recipients of this award automatically become Distinguished Members.
- Must be a living member of SPE.
- Must demonstrate service beyond the acts of funding or endowing the Society.
A nominee is not eligible:
- If they have received the DeGolyer Distinguished Service Medal
- If they are on the current SPE Board of Directors, Distinguished Service award committee or those who have served in these positions during the past 2 years.
- Fill out nomination form.
- Complete all required information on nomination form; incomplete nominations will not be accepted.
- Include a complete statement of the reasons for proposing the candidate, with a record of the candidate's professional and industrial achievements in detail.
- Send to firstname.lastname@example.org by 15 February
- Encourage no more than 3 colleagues to send letters supporting this nomination to email@example.com.
Recipients of Regional Service Award are automatically candidates for the this award. Do not reference or attach a resume or CV; all information must be included on the nomination form. Nominations and letters of recommendation are considered confidential. Candidates remain on the active consideration list for 3 years and if a candidate is not selected during the 3-year active consideration cycle, they can be renominated the following year if all other eligibility requirements are met.