SPE to Deliver a Panel and Technical Session at the 2015 GeoConvention Conference
GeoConvention is an opportunity to learn about the latest geology, geophysics and well-log analysis technology, see the latest products and processes at the exhibits on the convention floor, and network with your colleagues from Canada and the world.
As a silver Sponsor, SPE will organize a three part session during the afternoon of the 4th of May. The session begins with a panel focusing on subsurface risk management and caprock competency and is followed by two technical sessions covering thermal SAGD recovery and the deliverability behavior of unconventional reservoirs. Hear experts discuss the technological innovations that drive and shape both the future of heavy oil/oilsands and have the potential to improve the economics of North America’s rapidly developing unconventional tight/shale oil and gas plays. Best practices and pioneering methods to mitigate current challenges will also be covered in this session.
Find more about this conference and plan to attend today. SPE members can register to attend this event at the member price.
When you make the decision to join SPE, you tap into a dynamic, global professional network of 124,000+ members in more than 135 countries. From experienced professionals to young professionals and students, all SPE members are encouraged to realize their potential through education, leadership, and networking opportunities.
2016 SPE President
Senior Executive Adviser
The SPE Progressing Cavity Pumps Conference, held 31 March–1 April 2015 at the Westin Hotel in Calgary, Alberta, Canada, is a great opportunity for you to sharpen your skills and enhance your experience in this field.
The 2016 SPE President, Nathan Meehan of Baker Hughes, will address the latest industry events in an opening keynote presentation. In addition, the event offers a focused technical program that zeros in on this niche field, which in turn can maximize your learnings on your subject of interest. Register today and benefit from:
- A 6-session technical program focused primarily on PCP
- A 1-day training course entitled “Progressing Cavity Pumping Failure Analysis.” Separate registration required
- An exhibition showcasing the latest technologies in artificial lift and PCP
- Various networking opportunities throughout the 2-day event
- An outstanding lineup of professionals presenting on the following:
- Progressing Cavity Pump Sizing: Black Magic or Science?
- Identifying Analogue Fields in PCP Applications using Classification Trees
- Increase Progressing Cavity Pump Run-Life Through Phased Design
- Use of Run-Life Measures in Understanding AL System Reliability
- Well Run life Improvement with PCP in Heavy Oil and High Gas Operation
- The Performance Comparison of Conventional and Even-Thickness Progressive Cavity Pumps via Finite Element Simulations
- Drive String Fatigue in PCP Applications
- Real-Time Pump Watcher System Aids in Improved Surveillance and Analysis
- Parameters Optimization of Progressing Cavity Pump: Based on Fuzzy Evaluation and Coupling Influencing Factors in Heavy Oilfield
- Charge Pump for Gassy Application Venezuela
- Diverter Valve Reduces Flushbys & Extends Run Life in Australia
- Advantages of Check Valve in Tubing String for PCPs: a Statistical Study for Adiyaman—Turkey
JCPT—The Legacy Continues
2015 brings improvements to our esteemed technical journal. The January issue of the Journal of Canadian Petroleum Technology (JCPT) is proud to deliver more relevant local content and snapshots into high-quality papers presented at Canada’s two major conferences. Combined with the respected peer reviewed technical papers JCPT is known for, this makes the journal even more of a must-have Canadian industry resource. Make sure your subscription is up to date so you won’t miss out!
Technical and networking luncheons
SPE sections in Canada offer Technical and Networking Luncheons on a monthly basis. Contact Member Services Specialist Jill Thomas at +1-403-930-5453, or your local section for the upcoming luncheons.