Establish a Student Chapter
Students at a university offering a four-year degree related to the oil and gas industry may petition to form an official SPE student chapter. If the university does not have a four-year program, contact email@example.com. Please follow the process below to complete the necessary petition before submitting to SPE.
To begin the process of forming a chapter:
- Determine if there are at least 15 students at the university who want to be SPE members.
- Ask for a letter of support on letterhead from the university department head.
- Ask a faculty member to serve as your advisor, ensure they review the Faculty Advisor Roles & Responsibilities.
- Find the section closest to the university and request a letter of support.
- Call a meeting of the interested students and elect officers.
- Submit the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Letter of support from your university department head indicating name of program and courses/modules
- Letter of support from your local section
- Completed Chapter Resource Request Form
- Completed Petition Form
Upon approval, a new chapter will receive the following items:
- Chapter charter
- Chapter logo
- Grant of USD 100 intended to assist the chapter in beginning operations
By request, the following complimentary items will be supplied:
- Supply of stationery and envelopes
- Podium sign
- Petroleum Engineering Handbook Set