SPE Latin America and Caribbean
Did You Know?
Did you know that SPE members are not just petroleum engineers? They are geoscientists, mechanical and electrical engineers, petrophysicists, and other professionals working in the upstream oil and gas industry. Learn more.
Help Us Keep You Informed
Update your member profile.Update Profile
Not an SPE member? Join Now.
Connect with the Brightest Minds of the Oil and Gas Industry
SPE Connect is your online community to meet, collaborate, discuss specific technical challenges and resolutions, or share your experience and knowledge with other SPE members worldwide.
Dig Deeper Without Leaving Your Desk
Too busy to be away from the office? Take yourself to greater depths right from your desktop with SPE Web Events. Join our industry experts as they explore solutions to real problems and discuss trending topics. View upcoming web events or watch a web event available now.
SPE Distinguished Lecturer Program
Featuring speakers from various disciplines and professions, the SPE Distinguished Lecturer Program emphasizes industry trends, challenges, and technology applications among diverse topics. Each year, 30 or more individuals share their technical expertise through lectures for SPE sections across the globe.
The purpose of the Distinguished Lecturer Program is to assist sections in obtaining technical lectures while also recognizing the professional contributions of the lecturers. SPE members benefit from more than 450 presentations offered each year.
Learn more at www.spe.org/dl.
ATCE welcomed over 7,000 bright minds in Amsterdam
14ATCE Exhibits - Credit: Conference Photography
Thank you to our members who joined us in Amsterdam for the 2014 SPE Annual Technical Conference and Exhibition. We look forward to seeing you next year. This year was quite impressive, as we came to:
- 7,000+ attendees
- 350+ exhibitors
- 9720 square meters of exhibit space
- 400+ peer-selected papers
Over 13 Latin America and Caribbean section officers travelled to Amsterdam to be part of this flagship SPE event. Event's highlights related to the Latin American and Caribbean region:
Opening General Session: Affordable Energy
14ATCE Opening Session – Credit: Conference Photography
Panelist Gustavo Hernandez, general director and chief executive officer of Pemex Exploration and Production, said that the biggest challenge for providing affordable energy is "meeting demand growth in a sustainable way." Read more.
ATCE 2015 will be held in Energy Capital of the World, Houston, Texas from 28–30 September.
Breakfast: Mexico's Upstream Reform
- Lourdes Melgar Palacios, undersecretary of hydrocarbons for the Mexican Secretary of Energy
- Edgar Rangel German, commissioner of the National Hydrocarbons Commission
Mexico plans to have contract models ready next month for its opening upstream bidding round covering shallow-water areas, another step in the historic energy reforms taking place in the country. Read more.
See you in Mexico!
Join us at the SPE Well Integrity: Facing the New Challenges Workshop, to be held 20–21 November 2014 in Tuxtla Gutierrez, Mexico.
Enhance your knowledge by participating in a strong technical agenda that covers current challenges and new opportunities in Mexico and other countries in Latin America.
Explore methods of reducing operating costs in sessions, including “Casing Failures During Fracture/Stimulation,” “Well Integrity and New Technologies,” and “Risk Assessment and Management During Well Construction.”
Browse the complete Technical Agenda.
SPE Integrated Intelligent Completions Workshop
The SPE Integrated intelligent Completions Workshop was successfully conducted in Rio de Janeiro during 11–12 September 2014 at the Marriot Hotel in Rio de Janeiro. More than 80 attendees benefitted from 24 high-quality technical presentations where operators, services companies, and academia shared and discussed the latest IWC applications, best practices to consider during design, completion and production phases, managing interfaces, and effectively using available data. The workshop enabled operators, service companies, and other organizations to follow how IWC is currently used in deep and ultra-deepwater scenarios and understand the challenges and necessary technology solutions, providing industry specialists the opportunity to cooperate and communicate with one another.
SPE Artificial Lift and HSSE Conferences Return to Latin America
Plans are under way for the second edition of:
SPE Artificial Lift Conference—Latin America and Caribbean: 27–28 May, Salvador, Bahia, Brazil.
SPE Latin America and Caribbean Health, Safety, Environment and Sustainability Conference: 7–8 July, in Bogotá, Colombia.
These premier conferences provide an excellent opportunity to share experiences, build fruitful relationships, and generate new ideas that optimize E&P performance levels across the region.
Learn more at www.spe.org/latinamerica.
- Argentine Petroleum
- Caracas Petroleum
- Eastern Venezuela
- Golfo San Jorge
- Mexico City
- Monagas Venezuela
- Northeast Colombia
- Trinidad and Tobago
- Western Venezuela Petroleum
- Anton de Kom University of Suriname
- Escuela Politecnica Nacional
- Escuela Superior Politecnica del Litoral
- Federal U of Rio Grande do Norte
- Federal University of Bahia
- Instituto Tecnologico de Buenos Aires
- Pontificia Universidad Catolica do Rio
- Universidad Nacional de Colombia
- Universidad Central de Venezuela
- Universidad Central del Ecuador
- Universidad de America
- Universidad de Buenos Aires
- Universidad de Oriente
- Universidad del Zulia
- Universidad Estatal Peninsula de Santa Elana
- Universidad Gabriel Rene Moreno-Bolivia
- Universidad Industrial de Santander
- Universidad Mayor de San Andres
- Universidad Nacional de Cuyo
- Universidad Nacional de Ingenieria
- Universidad Nacional de la Patagonia
- Universidad Nacional de Piura
- Universidad Nacional del Comahue
- Universidad Nacional Exp. de Llanos Occidentales
- Universidad Privada de Santa Cruz
- Universidad Surcolombiana
- Universidade Estacio de Sa
- Universidade Estadual de Campinas
- Universidade Estadual do Norte Fluminense
- Universidade Federal de Itajuba
- Universidade Federal do Espirito Santo
- Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro
- Universidade Federal Fluminense
- University of the West Indies
- University of Trinidad & Tobago
- University of Vila Velha
222 Palisades Creek Dr.
Richardson, TX USA
Hours: 0730 to 1700 CST (GMT–5) M – F
The Society of Petroleum Engineers (SPE) is a not-for-profit professional association whose members are engaged in energy resources development and production. SPE serves more than 124,000 members in 135 countries worldwide. SPE is a key resource for technical knowledge related to the oil and gas exploration and production industry and provides services through its publications, events, training courses, and online resources.