SPE Latin America and Caribbean
This is SPE. Our members say it best
SPE—The Best Resource for Every Stage of Your E&P Career.
What Is It Like to Be An SPE Member?
Guilherme Castro, Macaé Section Chair, talks about his experience as an SPE member and section chair, and the benefits of SPE membership. Read complete interview.
Did You Know?
Did you know that SPE members are not just petroleum engineers? They are geoscientists, mechanical and electrical engineers, petrophysicists, and other professionals working in the upstream oil and gas industry. Learn more.
Help Us Keep You Informed
Update your member profile.Update Profile
Not an SPE member? Join Now.
Connect with the Brightest Minds of the Oil and Gas Industry
SPE Connect is your online community to meet, collaborate, discuss specific technical challenges and resolutions, or share your experience and knowledge with other SPE members worldwide.
Featuring speakers from various disciplines and professions, the program emphasizes industry trends, challenges, and technology applications. Each year, 30 or more individuals share their technical expertise through lectures for SPE sections across the globe.
SPE members benefit from more than 450 presentations offered each year. SPE members benefit from more than 450 presentations offered each year. Learn more at www.spe.org/dl.
Learn more at www.spe.org/dl.
OTC Distinguished Awards Travel to Brazil
OTC Brasil Distinguished Achievement Awards, modeled after the prestigious Offshore Technology Conference (OTC) Awards, will consider nominations for technological, humanitarian, environmental, and leadership contributions to the industry.
If truly significant, the OTC Brasil Awards Committee will bestow an individual and an organization with this award.
The deadline for nominations is 15 March. Visit www.otcbrasil.org for details.
Plan Ahead for SPE Student PetroBowl: Regional Qualifier
26 May 2015, Salvador, Bahia, Brazil
Buzz in and test your skills in this fast-paced and fun-filled contest.
SPE Latin America and Caribbean Regional PetroBowl qualifier for ATCE 2015 will be held during the SPE Artificial Lift Conference in Salvador, Bahia, Brazil.
From the six regional qualifiers held around the world, the top teams will advance to compete at the International PetroBowl - Championship at ATCE. Student Chapters must participate in their regional qualifier in order to proceed to the championship.
Meet Our South America and Caribbean Section Officers
To learn more about South America and Caribbean sections officers, visit www.spe.org/sections.
New Member Benefit: The SPE Competency Management Tool
This tool is a member benefit that allows members to assess their current professional capabilities against one of twenty-two key E&P job competency models covering geosciences, reservoir engineering, well engineering, production engineering and operations, project and facilities engineering and health, safety and environment.
Watch the video to learn more.
SPE Scholarships and Fellowships
Start spreading the news to students about SPE Scholarships and Fellowships.
Applications will be accepted through 15 April 2015.
For a complete list of available scholarships and to submit your application, visit www.spe.org/scholarships.
Dig Deeper Without Leaving Your Desk
Too busy to be away from the office? Take yourself to greater depths right from your desktop with SPE Web Events. Join our industry experts as they explore solutions to real problems and discuss trending topics. View upcoming web events or watch a web event available now.
- Argentine Petroleum
- Caracas Petroleum
- Eastern Venezuela
- Golfo San Jorge
- Mexico City
- Monagas Venezuela
- Northeast Colombia
- Trinidad and Tobago
- Western Venezuela Petroleum
- Anton de Kom University of Suriname
- Escuela Politecnica Nacional
- Escuela Superior Politecnica del Litoral
- Federal U of Rio Grande do Norte
- Federal University of Bahia
- Instituto Tecnologico de Buenos Aires
- Pontificia Universidad Catolica do Rio
- Universidad Nacional de Colombia
- Universidad Central de Venezuela
- Universidad Central del Ecuador
- Universidad de America
- Universidad de Buenos Aires
- Universidad de Oriente
- Universidad del Zulia
- Universidad Estatal Peninsula de Santa Elana
- Universidad Gabriel Rene Moreno-Bolivia
- Universidad Industrial de Santander
- Universidad Mayor de San Andres
- Universidad Nacional de Cuyo
- Universidad Nacional de Ingenieria
- Universidad Nacional de la Patagonia
- Universidad Nacional de Piura
- Universidad Nacional del Comahue
- Universidad Nacional Exp. de Llanos Occidentales
- Universidad Privada de Santa Cruz
- Universidad Surcolombiana
- Universidade Estacio de Sa
- Universidade Estadual de Campinas
- Universidade Estadual do Norte Fluminense
- Universidade Federal de Itajuba
- Universidade Federal do Espirito Santo
- Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro
- Universidade Federal Fluminense
- University of the West Indies
- University of Trinidad & Tobago
- University of Vila Velha
Website Disclaimer Notice
This website is dedicated to disseminating relevant regional information to South America, Caribbean, and Mexico SPE members. We ensure all our news and information are in compliance with SPE International laws and regulations.
222 Palisades Creek Dr.
Richardson, TX USA
Hours: 0730 to 1700 CST (GMT–5) M – F
The Society of Petroleum Engineers (SPE) is a not-for-profit professional association whose members are engaged in energy resources development and production. SPE serves more than 124,000 members in 135 countries worldwide. SPE is a key resource for technical knowledge related to the oil and gas exploration and production industry and provides services through its publications, events, training courses, and online resources.