SPE Latin America and Caribbean
This is SPE. Our members say it best
SPE—The Best Resource for Every Stage of Your E&P Career.
Interview with Premraj Dukharan, Trinidad and Tobago Section Chair
In this interview, Premraj Dukharan discusses how serving as an SPE volunteer allows him to engage with other members globally, and helps develop his technical and leadership skills. SPE conferences and technical papers add more value, keeping him current with cutting edge technologies. Dukharan also reflects on how SPE has grown from focusing primarily on petroleum engineering to delivering technical sessions and conferences on almost every aspect of the oil and gas industry. Read complete interview.
Did You Know?
Did you know that SPE members are not just petroleum engineers? They are geoscientists, mechanical and electrical engineers, petrophysicists, and other professionals working in the upstream oil and gas industry. Learn more.
Help Us Keep You Informed
Update your member profile.Update Profile
Not an SPE member? Join Now.
Connect with the Brightest Minds of the Oil and Gas Industry
SPE Connect is your online community to meet, collaborate, discuss specific technical challenges and resolutions, or share your experience and knowledge with other SPE members worldwide.
Featuring speakers from various disciplines and professions, the program emphasizes industry trends, challenges, and technology applications. Each year, 30 or more individuals share their technical expertise through lectures for SPE sections across the globe.
SPE members benefit from more than 450 presentations offered each year. SPE members benefit from more than 450 presentations offered each year. Learn more at www.spe.org/dl.
Learn more at www.spe.org/dl.
Plan Ahead for SPE Student PetroBowl: Regional Qualifier
Get your teams ready for the Latin America and Caribbean most competitive event.
For more information, visit www.spe.org/students/petrobowl or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Meet Our South America and Caribbean Section Officers
To learn more about South America and Caribbean sections officers, visit www.spe.org/sections.
SPE News: Engineering Technology and History Wiki Launches
In collaboration with the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) and five other engineering societies, SPE has created the Engineering Technology and History Wiki (ETHW). This resource was developed to collect, preserve, and disseminate the history of the engineering profession for the society members and the public.The collection of content is an ongoing process, so contribute your stories and historical knowledge today!
SPE-Sponsored Grants and Awards
SPE-sponsored Grants and Awards help faculty educate the next generation of petroleum engineers and industry leaders. Now accepting 2015 applications for:
- SPE Faculty Innovative Teaching Award
- SPE Faculty Recruitment Award
- SPE New-Faculty Research Grant
- SPE Faculty Enhancement Travel Grant
The first nomination deadline is 15 April.
Get rewarded for a job well done! More informaton »
Dig Deeper Without Leaving Your Desk
Too busy to be away from the office? Take yourself to greater depths right from your desktop with SPE Web Events. Join our industry experts as they explore solutions to real problems and discuss trending topics. View upcoming web events or watch a web event available now.
- Argentine Petroleum
- Caracas Petroleum
- Eastern Venezuela
- Golfo San Jorge
- Mexico City
- Monagas Venezuela
- Northeast Colombia
- Trinidad and Tobago
- Western Venezuela Petroleum
- Anton de Kom University of Suriname
- Escuela Politecnica Nacional
- Escuela Superior Politecnica del Litoral
- Federal U of Rio Grande do Norte
- Federal University of Bahia
- Instituto Tecnologico de Buenos Aires
- Pontificia Universidad Catolica do Rio
- Universidad Nacional de Colombia
- Universidad Central de Venezuela
- Universidad Central del Ecuador
- Universidad de America
- Universidad de Buenos Aires
- Universidad de Oriente
- Universidad del Zulia
- Universidad Estatal Peninsula de Santa Elana
- Universidad Gabriel Rene Moreno-Bolivia
- Universidad Industrial de Santander
- Universidad Mayor de San Andres
- Universidad Nacional de Cuyo
- Universidad Nacional de Ingenieria
- Universidad Nacional de la Patagonia
- Universidad Nacional de Piura
- Universidad Nacional del Comahue
- Universidad Nacional Exp. de Llanos Occidentales
- Universidad Privada de Santa Cruz
- Universidad Surcolombiana
- Universidade Estacio de Sa
- Universidade Estadual de Campinas
- Universidade Estadual do Norte Fluminense
- Universidade Federal de Itajuba
- Universidade Federal do Espirito Santo
- Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro
- Universidade Federal Fluminense
- University of the West Indies
- University of Trinidad & Tobago
- University of Vila Velha
Website Disclaimer Notice
This website is dedicated to disseminating relevant regional information to South America, Caribbean, and Mexico SPE members. We ensure all our news and information are in compliance with SPE International laws and regulations.
222 Palisades Creek Dr.
Richardson, TX USA
Hours: 0730 to 1700 CST (GMT–5) M – F
The Society of Petroleum Engineers (SPE) is a not-for-profit professional association whose members are engaged in energy resources development and production. SPE serves more than 124,000 members in 135 countries worldwide. SPE is a key resource for technical knowledge related to the oil and gas exploration and production industry and provides services through its publications, events, training courses, and online resources.