We offer ways for members younger than age 36 looking to stay active in the industry or learn how to get ahead. You can explore the education and networking opportunities tailored to your interests.
- Find out if your section has a YP Committee and start contributing
- Join the YP Connect network to discuss career issues, ideas and events in an online forum
- Share your career experiences with college students through the Ambassador Lecture Program
- Get published in one of our peer-reviewed journals and be considered for Cedric K. Ferguson Young Technical Author Medal
- Nominate your colleague for a young professional award
- Get involved with the eMentoring program, either as mentor or as mentee
- Find out ways to enhance your career with certification
- Volunteer with Energy Education
- Take control of your professional development and identify your knowledge gaps through SPE’s Competency Management Tool, a free tool for members.
Young Member Engagement Committee
The YMEC helps ensure that young professional and student engagement remains a top priority for the future of SPE. YMEC members play a crucial role in developing and implementing programs and activities that provide significant value to SPE Young Members worldwide
The Way Ahead
The Way Ahead is a magazine designed for and edited by young professionals in the oil and gas industry. In it, you will find items of particular interest to younger members of the industry, including articles on finding your career path, improving key skills, and the roles of young professionals around the world.
The library contains a collection of video resources for your learning and development. Topics range from career advice and personal skills to industry training and more.
NEW! Web Events by YPs for YPs
Web Events by YPs for YPs provide an opportunity for young professionals to share technical knowledge globally, and make this information available to other young professionals in a cost-effective and engaging manner. Learn more about volunteering as a speaker.
Contact us for more details.