The quarterly winners will receive USD 300.
The regional grand prize winners receive USD 500.
Each year, the Build the World of SPE member recruitment contest begins 1 January and ends 31 December. Get rewarded for sharing information about the value and benefits of SPE membership and recruiting friends and colleagues.
- Members from all 16 SPE regions, plus a group representing members who reside in areas not covered by a current SPE section, compete to recruit the most new members.
- To receive credit, you must be listed as the SPE member responsible for encouragement on the printed or online application form.
- All completed applications and membership dues for qualified applicants must be received at SPE between 1 January and 31 December to be counted toward the grand prize.
- Student members are not eligible to participate nor do students count toward recruitment total.
Quarterly Prize Rules
- One winner each quarter will be selected at random.
- Quarterly prizes are drawn at the end of March, June, September and December.
- Participating members will receive a designated number of entries in the quarterly drawing based on the number of new members recruited during the immediately preceding quarter.
- A tiered system will determine the number of entries in the quarterly drawing. Entry tiers are as follows: 1-10 credits equal 1 entry; 11-20 credits equal 2 entries; 21+ credits equal 3 entries.
Each member recruited equals one credit.
- Each member begins each new quarter with zero entries and must recruit additional members to be eligible for subsequent quarterly drawings.
Grand Prize Rules
- Up to 17 grand prizes will be awarded.
- In cases where there are two or more members with equal credits leading for that region, a name will be randomly drawn to receive the regional grand prize.
- A minimum of five new members must be recruited to qualify.