Star Scholarship and Fellowship
The Star scholarships and fellowships support those pursuing degrees related to the oil and gas industry until completion of the degree for which awarded, up to a maximum of four years. SPE dedicates more than one million dollars to be awarded by our 16 regions.
- Must be a student enrolled, or soon to be enrolled, in curriculum related to the petroleum industry
- Must be an SPE member, if eligible
- Must be enrolled the year following the application year
- Comply with sanction policy
- Download the application checklist to ensure you fill out your application completely and correctly.
- Read the Frequently Asked Questions
Only online applications via the link provided will be accepted. Submitting the application in any other format will deem you ineligible.
- Fill out and submit the online application form by noon CDT (UTC-5) on 15 April.
- You must submit at least one letter of recommendation and documentation for entry exams (if applicable).
If this is your first time applying for a Star scholarship or fellowship, you will need to create an account. (You will not be able to sign in with your SPE login). After submitting the application form, you will receive an electronic confirmation.
*If awarded, you must meet eligibility requirements to maintain your scholarship or fellowship.
All award funding will be distributed in early November each year.
U.S. law prohibits provision of certain services to individuals residing in embargoed countries; therefore, not all applicants may be eligible to participate in the Star Scholarship program. Read more.
Manage an Awards Program with WizeHive.