Star Scholarship and Fellowship
The Star scholarships and fellowships support those pursuing degrees related to the oil and gas industry. SPE dedicates more than USD 1 million to be awarded by our 16 regions. Recipients are awarded up to a maximum of four years, and award amounts vary per region.
- Must be a student enrolled, or soon to be enrolled, in curriculum related to the petroleum industry
- Must be an SPE member, if eligible
- Must be enrolled the year following the application year
- Comply with sanction policy
- Complete the electronic application submission process
Only applications submitted via the link provided will be accepted. Applications received in any other format will not be eligible.
- Submit the online application form by noon CDT (UTC-5) on 15 April.
- You must submit at least one recommendation and documentation for entry exams (if applicable).
*If awarded, you must meet eligibility requirements to maintain your scholarship or fellowship.
All award funding will be distributed in December each year.
U.S. law prohibits provision of certain services to individuals residing in embargoed countries; therefore, not all applicants may be eligible to participate in the Star Scholarship program. Read more.
Manage an Awards Program with WizeHive.