SPE Faculty Innovative Teaching Award
The SPE Faculty Innovative Teaching Award recognizes Petroleum Engineering Faculty who have demonstrated innovative teaching techniques. This award not only recognizes excellence, but encourages and equips others in academia to use similar techniques. In order to support the attraction and retention of faculty, we will give up to five awards per year in the amount of USD 10,000 per award. In addition to applications, faculty can be nominated by colleagues.
Award recipients are required to share their best practices via SPE venues such as webinars and ATCE presentations.
Must be on faculty at a non-profit academic institution that offers degrees in Petroleum Engineering and has an active SPE student chapter
- Must be employed full time by the university and currently teaching a petroleum engineering class, with at least one full year of teaching experience
- Must be an SPE member
- Complete the online application.
- Attach a copy of your CV.
- Provide a copy of course syllabus for the course cited in Section III of the application.
- Collect at least two letters of recommendation from a representative of the Department or College and from a student or alumni who has taken your course within the last 3 years. NOTE: The Letters of recommendation are to include more than a personal reference, and each should include reference to the teaching innovation methods employed by you.