Support Student Members
Your section can help local students transition into professional members after they graduate, increase your section membership and offer financial assistance for membership dues.
The following sections have made generous contributions to support student member dues in 2010:
- Argentine Petroleum
- Gulf Coast
- Los Angeles Basin
- Pittsburgh Petroleum
- San Joaquin Valley
Sponsor a student member
Some students need financial assistance to pay dues in SPE. This is your opportunity to support these students by sponsoring their membership in SPE.
Work with a chapter and faculty advisors
Student chapters should be supportive of their sponsoring section as the section should be of the students.
- Learn about chapter/section teamwork
- Section relationship with student chapter faculty advisors (FAs) guidelines and FA roles and responsibilities
Help students become professional members
We have created a form letter for the section or membership chairperson to send to recent graduates once every quarter.
- Customize and send the recent graduate letter. The letter can be sent by post or email and both addresses are included in the roster given to Section Officers.
- Recognize those students who attend your section events.
- Have applications on hand for the recent graduates to complete or help them go online to renew their membership.
Have a question?
Contact the Student Development Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org.