Support Student Members
Your section can help local students transition into professional members after they graduate, increase your section membership and offer financial assistance for membership dues.
Sponsor a student member
Some students need financial assistance to pay dues in SPE. This is your opportunity to support these students by sponsoring their membership in SPE.
Work with a chapter and faculty advisors
Student chapters should be supportive of their sponsoring section as the section should be of the students.
- Learn about chapter/section teamwork
- Section relationship with student chapter faculty advisors (FAs) guidelines and FA roles and responsibilities
Help students become professional members
We have created a form letter for the section or membership chairperson to send to recent graduates once every quarter.
- Customize and send the recent graduate letter. The letter can be sent by post or email and both addresses are included in the roster given to Section Officers.
- Recognize those students who attend your section events.
- Have applications on hand for the recent graduates to complete or help them go online to renew their membership.
Have a question?
Contact the Student Development Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org.