SPE Leadership Academy /Inspiring Your Path to Success
This exciting three-day interactive course provides the tools and resources to help you make a successful transition from a technically-orientated individual contributor to a leadership role. The program consists of five core content modules that utilize a number of different learning methodologies to provide practical and immediately applicable skills. The course combines expert input, case studies, and immersive scenarios from the E&P sector to embed your learning and enable you to progress to the next level of your career.
Core Content Modules:
- Effective Communication
- Leading and Managing Teams
- Engaging Stakeholders
- Developing Yourself
- Developing Your Career
The program will deliver:
- New insight into how you can successfully navigate the transition from being an individual contributor to being a project or people leader
- Learning around the competencies, behaviors and work values that will help you become an effective leader more quickly
- A practical skill set that you will be able to apply immediately as well as throughout the next phase of your career
- The opportunity to informally benchmark your approach and what’s going on in your company with how things are done in other organizations
- Fresh inspiration for the opportunity you have to contribute to the success of your organization and the wider industry
For many E&P professionals, developing the expertise to successfully move into and perform in a leadership role is difficult. The technical skills that got you the job aren’t the same skills you need to move up.
The SPE Leadership Academy has been designed specifically to help you learn the necessary competencies to progress your career. The Program delivers immediately useful information in an E&P work setting that will equip you with the necessary tools to:
- Sharpen your communication skills and learn how to adapt your approach when needed
- Develop the proficiency required to act as a leader in a multi-disciplinary environment and influence others when you don’t have formal authority
- Learn how to present your ideas most effectively to key stakeholders
- Understand how successful people develop themselves and leverage networks
- Prepare yourself for the challenges you face in developing your career
Who Should Attend
The SPE Leadership Academy is designed for oil and gas industry professionals who are ready to make, in the process of making, or have recently made the transition to a leadership role. The modules will supplement your technical skills and prepare you for the next stages of your career.
Prior to attending the Leadership Academy, delegates will receive the following pre-work pieces
- Required Pre-Reading:
- Key articles that will help prepare delegates for the program, including extracts from
- Ram Charan’s work on the Leadership Pipeline
- Optional Reading List
- Overview of the E&P scenario to be used on the program
2.4 CEUs (Continuing Education Units) will be awarded for this 3-day course.
About Our Instructors
Kiddy and Partners is a leading global business psychology firm headquartered in the UK with more than 40 years of experience. Specialists in Leadership Assessment and Development Programs, Kiddy has global coverage provided through strategic alliances with international partners that are leading firms in developing and delivering such programs.
Mike Owtram is a partner with Kiddy, where he specializes in the development of leaders for international corporations, with a particular focus on technical leaders, including those working in the global energy sector. Owtram writes regularly on management and leadership topics. Prior to entering consultancy in 2000, he gained over 15 years management and leadership experience working in a wide range of product and commercial roles in the global chemical industry, where he operated in Europe, Middle East and the Americas.
Owtram has a BSc in Management Sciences and a PhD in Psychology from the University of Manchester, England and is a member of the British Psychological Society and the Association for Business Psychology.
Charles Jones is an international leadership development educator with over 20 years’ experience in helping organizations and individuals bring their leadership potential to life. He works with people at all levels of management and leadership, and has a particular skill in connecting with people from a wide range of backgrounds and disciplines. Prior to joining Kiddy, Jones was responsible for global leadership development programs for a Danish consultancy.
Jones is a Chartered Psychologist with an Occupational and Organizational Psychology Masters Degree from UEL, London, a Diploma in Psychology and a BA in Social Sciences.