SPE’s Young Professional programs — for our members age 35 and younger— not only help you acquire professional and soft skills, but provide ample networking opportunities to help you advance your career.
Explore Educational and Networking Opportunities
Engage the next generation of oil and gas professionals! The Ambassador Lecturer Program invites Young Professionals to present and share their experiences with local SPE chapters, universities, and schools.
The Career Pathways Fair gives you a chance to meet with specialists from multiple disciplines and gain insight into possible career paths. Held several times throughout the year, this event gives students, recent graduates, and Young Professionals an opportunity to speak with experienced professionals in an informal environment.
Gain industry insights and practical career advice from experienced professionals through the eMentoring program. Young Professionals also have the unique opportunity to serve as mentors to students.
The Emerging Leaders Alliance 🗗 is a partnership among leading engineering and science-based organizations that provides high-quality leadership training. The Young Member Engagement Committee selects promising Young Professional members to attend this conference and develop their skills. View past lectures on our YouTube playlist.
Apply now for the 2018 ELA Travel Grant. Application deadline is 25 July 2018.
Give back to SPE and the industry with the League of Volunteers! Opportunities are available for Young Professionals to participate, run, and develop various soft skills events such as communication skills workshops and team building exercises.
“Spotlight on Young Professionals” lets members share the voluntary contributions and technical achievements of these members. Submit your story today 🗗 for a chance to be featured in YP Newsflash section of The Way AheadTM! All submissions will be reviewed by the Young Member Engagement Committee.
Webinars for Young Professionals
Young Member Engagement Committee
The Young Member Engagement Committee (YMEC) ensures young professional and student engagement remains a top priority for SPE. YMEC members play a crucial role in developing and implementing valuable programs and activities for SPE young members worldwide.
Contact the YMEC
Interested in Serving on the YMEC?
The Way AheadTM is SPE's online resource for students and young professionals. Produced by Young Professional volunteers, articles are posted regularly and include topics such as career development, emerging technologies, mentoring, and university-to-industry transition.
Other SPE Resources for Young Professionals
- Find out if your section has a Young Professional Committee and start contributing in your region
- Get published in one of our peer-reviewed journals and be considered for the Cedric K. Ferguson Young Technical Author Medal
- Nominate your colleague for a Regional or International Young Member Outstanding Service Award
- Enhance your career through SPE’s Petroleum Engineering Certification program
- Volunteer with SPE’s Energy Education program, Energy4me
- Take control of your professional development and identify your knowledge gaps through SPE’s Competency Management Tool, a free tool for members
- Join our Young Professional Community on SPE Connect to discuss and share information with other young professionals
For questions on any of the programs shown here, email us.