Honorary Membership is the highest honor that SPE presents to an individual and is limited to 0.1% of the SPE total membership. This elite group represents
those individuals who have given outstanding service to SPE or have
demonstrated distinguished scientific or engineering achievements in the fields
within the technical scope of SPE.
Anyone demonstrating exceptional service to SPE or oustanding achievements in the industry.
A nominee is not eligible:
- If they are on the current SPE Board of Directors or Distinguished Member committee or those who have served in these positions during the past 2 years.
Note: Once awarded, the member is ineligible for nomination for all other society international awards.
- Fill out nomination form.
- Complete all required information on nomination form, incomplete nominations will not be accepted.
- Include a complete statement of the reasons for proposing the candidate, with a record of the candidate's professional and industrial achievements in detail.
- Send to firstname.lastname@example.org by 15 February
- Encourage no more than 3 colleagues to send letters supporting this nomination to email@example.com.
Do not reference or attach a resume or CV; all information must be included on the nomination form. Nominations and letters of recommendation are considered confidential. Candidates remain on the active consideration list for 3 years and if a candidate is not selected during the 3-year active consideration
cycle, they can be renominated the following year if all other eligibility
requirements are met.
According to a resolution passed in November 1941 by the American Institute of Mining, Metallurgical, and Petroleum Engineers Board of
Directors, Honorary Membership may be awarded in appreciation
of outstanding service to the Institute and its Societies or in recognition of distinguished
scientific or engineering achievement.