Henry DeWitt Smith Memorial Fellowship
Henry DeWitt Smith’s example of inspired leadership, professional success, personal integrity, and boundless dedication was his heritage to the mining industry—which he served all of his adult life. His wife, Ellen Burke Smith, created the Henry DeWitt Smith Fellowship in his memory.
- Find out about current and
past year’s winners
- Must be pursuing a graduate degree (master’s or PhD) in petroleum engineering or a related field
- Must be an SPE member
- Comply with sanction policy
- Complete the electronic submission process
Only applications submitted via the link provided will be accepted. Applications received in any other format will not be eligible.
- Fill out and submit the online application form by noon CDT (UTC-5) on 15 April.
- You must submit at least one recommendation and documentation for entry exams (if applicable).
Manage an Awards Program with WizeHive.
U.S. law prohibits provision of certain services to individuals residing in embargoed countries; therefore, not all applicants may be eligible to participate in Gus Archie Scholarship program. Read more.