Henry DeWitt Smith Memorial Fellowship
Henry DeWitt Smith’s example of inspired leadership, professional success, personal integrity, and boundless dedication was his heritage to the mining industry—which he served all of his adult life. His wife, Ellen Burke Smith, created the Henry DeWitt Smith Fellowship in his memory.
- Must be pursuing a graduate degree (master’s or PhD) in petroleum engineering or a related field
- Must be an SPE member
- Comply with sanction policy
- Complete the electronic submission process
- Fill out the online application form.
- Upload transcripts from all universities attended.
- Upload two letters of recommendation (one from a current university faculty member).
- Upload an essay answering the following question:
- If awarded this fellowship, what would you do with your education to make Henry DeWitt Smith delighted that you are the beneficiary?
Manage an Awards Program with WizeHive.
U.S. law prohibits provision of certain services to individuals residing in embargoed countries; therefore, not all applicants may be eligible to participate in Gus Archie Scholarship program. Read more.