Become a Professional Member
The brightest minds of the E&P industry are members of SPE. Although engineers are the core of SPE's membership, not all SPE members are engineers. Solving the industry's challenges requires a multidisciplinary effort, and SPE is a place for all of today's industry professionals, regardless of experience or course of study.
- Belong to a membership of more than 124,000 members in 135 countries and receive recognition for your contributions
- Receive discounted registration to events and special pricing on books and subscriptions
- Present technical papers, speak to sections and find leadership and volunteer opportunities
- Enhance your career with various programs, including eMentoring, Distinguished Lecturer, Training Courses and online communities
- Receive a subscription to the Journal of
- Automatically qualify to be a
member of AAPG and SEG
- Additional benefits
Employment in work related to the petroleum industry AND one of the following:
- A university degree equivalent to a 4-year bachelor's degree in engineering
or basic or applied sciences
- A 2-year science or engineering degree or a 4-year degree in a field other
than science or engineering
- 6 years of active practice in support of petroleum engineering or in the
application of science to the petroleum industry.
To make membership more accessible, new member dues are:
- based on country of residence and year of university graduation
- subject to a one-time entrance fee that does not exceed USD 20
- Find dues and fees I would pay
- Please note that 5% of your dues is allocated to your subscription to the Journal of Petroleum Technology and is not deductible or refundable. SPE membership dues and fees are nonrefundable and nontransferable.