Latin America and the Caribbean
Strengthening the Tools and Methods We Use To Disseminate Knowledge to Members
“To collect, exchange, and disseminate technical knowledge” are not only the first seven words of SPE’s mission, but also what our society has excelled at over its storied history.
Regional Director's message
Sustainability, one of the drivers in our region, aligns with SPE’s worldwide initiative by SPE President Sami Alnuaim to ensure the oil and gas industry meets the world’s energy needs in a manner that protects the environment.
In our region, we are working diligently to meet these requirements. We are implementing the philosophy of “Citizen Engineer” to fulfill sustainable development in our communities. Together with National Oil companies (NOC) and International oil companies (IOC), we are integrating a clean thinking into our operations and processes. Our region is equipped with opportunities for members like you to be part of our sustainability challenge.
Help Us Keep You Informed
This web page disseminates relevant regional information to Mexican, South American and Caribbean SPE members.
Key E&P Leaders Participating in SPE's Co-located Events in Colombia
Together, the SPE International Conference on HSE and Sustainability and the Latin America and Caribbean Petroleum Engineering Conference (LACPEC), 17–19 March 2020, will offer more than 400 papers across 60 technical sessions designed to engage both industry and external experts in forward-thinking and strategic concepts.
These events will also feature E&P leaders including Vicki Ann Hollub, President and CEO, Oxy; Olivier Le Peuch, COO, Schlumberger; Fawaz K Bitar, Head of Upstream Executive Office, BP and Chairman, IOGP; as well as a shared exhibition of the latest products and services.
Register early and save USD 200 on these leading events in one location! Signing up for one event provides access to both. Also, enjoy discounted hotel rates when staying at Hilton Bogotá Corferias.
Natural Gas Helps Eliminate Energy Poverty
With a staggering 1 billion people on the planet without access to electricity and clean cooking fuels, natural gas is one key solution to help lift these people out of poverty and improve their quality of life. Since 2000, the International Energy Agency reports that 26% of the gains in access have come from natural gas. And with new discoveries and facilities in Sub-Saharan Africa and other regions, the future has never looked brighter.
Read more on SPE's new Fueling Progress Blog
Volunteer Translators Sought
We are looking for members who are proficient in another language to help translate glossary terms, articles, and papers from English into other languages. Opportunities include:
2020 Distinguished Lecturers Ready to Visit Latin America
More than a dozen Distinguished Lecturers will be presenting across the region during next year. Attend a Distinguished Lecture near you to enhance your knowledge and grow professionally by hearing these experts in their fields.
JPT News: Industry Salaries Continue to Inch Up
Total compensation for SPE members this year has risen to its highest level since 2016 as the oil and gas industry continues to recover from the steep oil price downturn that began mid-decade. Read the complete JPT article or get the report available in the SPE Bookstore.
Free HSE and Sustainability Paper Biweekly
To further knowledge-sharing in the HSE and Sustainability sector, SPE’s HSE Technical Section offers select papers for free to SPE members. Download them.
Mexico Section Celebrates 20 Years of Service
To celebrate their 20th Anniversary, the Mexico Section held an event including a variety of activities filled with fun and knowledge sharing. From panel sessions to a bowling tournament, this event provided great ways to get members involved!
Connect with your SPE section and learn about their local events, networking and volunteering opportunities.
Find the nearest SPE Section >>
- Argentine Petroleum
- Caracas Petroleum
- Eastern Venezuela
- Golfo San Jorge
- Monagas Venezuela
- Northeast Colombia
- Trinidad and Tobago
- Western Venezuela Petroleum
- Anton de Kom University of Suriname
- Escuela Militar de Ingenieria Santa Cruz
- Escuela Politecnica Nacional
- Escuela Superior Politecnica del Litoral
- Federal U of Rio Grande do Norte
- Federal University of Alagoas
- Federal University of Bahia
- Instituto Tecnologia Superior de Poza Rica
- Instituto Tecnologico de Buenos Aires
- Pontificia Universidad Catolica do Rio
- Universidad Nacional de Colombia
- Universidad Autonoma De Nuevo Leon
- Universidad Central de Venezuela
- Universidad Central del Ecuador
- Universidad de America
- Universidad de Buenos Aires
- Universidad de Oriente
- Universidad del Zulia
- Universidad Estatal Peninsula de Santa Elana
- Universidad Gabriel Rene Moreno-Bolivia
- Universidad Industrial de Santander
- Universidad Mayor de San Andres
- Universidad Nacional de Cuyo
- Universidad Nacional de Ingenieria
- Universidad Nacional de la Patagonia
- Universidad Nacional de Piura
- Universidad Nacional del Comahue
- Universidad Privada de Santa Cruz
- Universidad Surcolombiana
- Universidad Veracruzana, Poza Rica
- Universidade do Grande Rio
- Universidade Estacio de Sa
- Universidade Estadual de Campinas
- Universidade Estadual do Norte Fluminense
- Universidade Federal De Alfenas
- Universidade Federal de Itajuba
- Universidade Federal De Pelotas
- Universidade Federal De Sao Paulo- Campus Baixada Santista
- Universidade Federal do Espirito Santo
- Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro
- Universidade Federal Do Rio Grande Do Norte
- Universidade Federal Fluminense
- Universidade Veiga de Almeida
- University of the West Indies
- University of Trinidad & Tobago
- University of Vila Velha
222 Palisades Creek Dr.
Richardson, TX USA
Hours: 0730 to 1700 CST (GMT–5) M – F
The Society of Petroleum Engineers (SPE) is a not-for-profit professional association whose more than 156,000 members in 154 countries are engaged in oil and gas exploration and production. SPE is a key resource for technical knowledge providing publications, events, training courses, and online resources.