Oil & Gas Reserves Committee
About the Committee
The Oil and Gas Reserves Committee (OGRC) is responsible for programs dealing with oil and gas reserves and resources matters, including reserves and resources definitions, terms, recommended practices, and standards. The committee disseminates reserves and resources information to other organizations, agencies, and companies involved in reserves matters, including cooperation with other committees and organizations in development and delivery of relevant training courses.
The committee currently has a chair, vice-chair, and 16 members who are degreed engineers and geoscientists with 10+ years of experience in reserves and resources estimation. There are also eight observers to the OGRC who represent their respective societies on reserves matters. Currently, observers represent the Society of Petroleum Evaluation Engineers (SPEE), the American Association of Petroleum Geologists (AAPG), the Society for Exploration Geophysicists (SEG), the Society of Petrophysicists and Well Log Analysts (SPWLA), the World Petroleum Council (WPC), the European Association of Geoscientists and Engineers (EAGE),The International Accounting Standards Board (IASB), and the Expert Group on Resource Management (EGRM) of the United Nations Economic Council of Europe.
OGRC Governance (pdf)
Qualifications and Experience
- Must be an SPE member
- Must have excellent working knowledge of the specialty topic of reserves and resources estimation and preferably be a recognized industry expert on the topic
- Must have 10+ years of oil and gas reserves experience
Expected Time Commitment
- Attend two meetings each year at ATCE and at a location selected by the chair (in-person or online). Facilities to participate by phone are normally available, though physical participation is preferred (if held in-person). The meetings usually last three to four hours.
- Participate in conference calls of one to two hours in between meetings as needed to accomplish the goals of the committee. Normally there are two or three of these in a year.
- Participation on subcommittees requires additional time, depending on subcommittee.
Deliverables and Expectations
- Responsible for programs dealing with oil and gas reserves and resources matters, including reserves and resources definitions, terms, recommended practices, and standards.
- Disseminates reserves and resources information to other organizations, agencies, and companies involved in reserves matters, including cooperation with other committees and organizations in development and delivery of relevant training courses.
John Lee, Chairman
Texas A&M University
Daniel Olds, Past Chairman
Ryder Scott Company LP
Murat Fatih Tugan
MI3 Petroleum Engineering
Independent Petroleum Engineering Consultant
Monica Clapauch Motta
Ryder Scott Company LP
Netherland, Sewell & Associates Inc
QuarterNorth Energy LLC
LUKOIL Overseas Service Ltd
S&P Global Platts
International Finance Corp.
DeGolyer and MacNaughton
Rawdon Seager (for PRMS related matters)
Occidental Petroleum Corp.
Antrim Energy Consulting, LLC
Geophysics Assoc. Prof. UBB